BEGG-171 (Media & Communication Skills) Solved Assignment For 2021-2022
BEGG-171 Solved Assignment (Section-B)
Short answer questions based on Blocks 3 and 4 (Answer each question in 300 words).
Qu 5). What is editing and why do we need to edit?
Answer. Editing is the process of improving the writing so that it can be easily understood by others. This can involve making changes to both the content and structure of the writing, and there are various editing processes that one can use to do this, but the fundamental aim remains the same— to ensure that the work is easy to understand by the reader/viewer.
Good Editing ensures that the readers are able to understand what the communicator is trying to communicate, and secondly, that they should find it easy to comprehend how he/she conveyed it.
Why do we need to edit?
The first version never appears to be perfect, that’s why we need editing. Many people know about the importance of having their written work edited, but many don’t realize why it’s so important. Without good editing, the work will be full of mistakes that could be easily avoided.
Here are some reasons why it’s so important to have our written work edited before we publish it or share it with anyone else.
- We may not notice mistakes in our own work, but others will; therefore editing is an important step in any type of writing.
- Editing is an important aspect of the editing and writing profession. It improves readability and makes our work more accessible and engaging, while also improving its flow.
- Editing makes sure that we are using exactly what we mean instead of our meaning being lost in other words.
- It prevents us from making grammatical errors and makes our work look more professional and also improves readability.
- Adhering to the rule book or style book of the newspaper is necessary. Checking and cross-checking facts, numbers and names also have to be done.
- Writing headlines and subheadings, choosing appropriate pictures, and graphic representations need also to be done.
- Professional editors help us find and correct mistakes that we might have missed; helping us with our sentence structure, diction, tone, organization, etc.
Get all the best answers in 1 PDF at just Rs. 25/- Only